If you are a tea lover and also want to keep yourself fit, then you must have come across peach flavored tea. Moreover, this peach iced tea is a perfect brew for your summer craving to drink tea. There are many varieties of peach flavor tea with or without milk whatever you prefer.
Origination of Peach Tea
It is believed this tea has its roots in the Southern US, as they are lovers of all types of sweetened iced tea. Its oldest written recipe was found in a cookbook from 1879. The peach iced tea is most popular in the US, as they are a common crop grown in Southern states mostly in Georgia.
The peach tea is made from the dried leaves and the bark of a peach tree and in peach Iced Tea the chunks of peaches are also added.
Benefits of Peach Flavored Tea
The peaches are both filled with culinary and medicinal properties.
- When the tea is derived from the leaves of the peach tree, it is filled with all nutritional benefits and active ingredients. It has no caffeine present in it, which is harmful to the body.
- As the peaches are rich in vitamins and various nutrients, it gives energy and helps in building a strong immune system to help you fight against various health issues.
- This amazing fruit is full of antioxidants which helps in fighting early signs of ageing skin, which make your peach sweet tea more amazing.
- When you drink this tea, it is believed to support good cardiac health as there are many vitamins and minerals present in them.
- The peach flavour tea is also perfect for boosting metabolism rate and thus helps in maintaining a healthy body weight that too easily with a cup of tea.
- Drinking this tea also contributes to the overall health of bone and teeth as it has the right amount of calcium and fluoride present in it.
Different Varieties of Iced Tea
There are various types of iced tea which depend upon either the climate, availability brewing method, and even cultural aspects of that place. However, the most common factor they all share is it’s refreshing, cooling, and rejuvenating.
It’s sweetened black tea which is served chilled without milk. It is sweetened by adding sugar syrup or artificial sweeteners while it is brewing. Generally, it is flavored with lemon, but other flavors like mint, raspberry and peach tea are also famous.
Fountain Iced Tea
This tea is made by dispensing tea concentrate from a fountain dispenser.
Half and Half
It is a non- alcoholic combination of iced tea and lemonade which is also used for referring to a mixture of sweetened and unsweetened tea.
Bottled Iced Tea
It is made to have a longer life for consumption. In tea, citric acid is added as a preservative and also for enhancing flavour. The bottled iced tea has become popular lately.
Recipe for Homemade Peach Iced Tea
This delicious and healthy it is very easy to be made at home with no hassles or special training required.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup white or organic sugar
- Four slices of fresh peaches or as per your taste.
- 6 cups of water
- Three packets of tea bags (flavored peach tea bags can also be used)
- Start by mixing 1 cup water, sugar and peach slices together in a saucepan.
- Please bring it to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- Crush peach slices with the continuous stir and let the sugar get dissolved fully for 5 minutes.
- Now, remove the saucepan from heat, cover it and let peaches get infused in syrup for 30 minutes.
- Then remove peach slices by straining and boil remaining 6 cups of water in a pot.
- Afterwards, please remove it from heat and add the tea bags in it, then cover it and steep for about 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the tea bags from the pot and pour it in the peach syrup and let it cool down and then refrigerate it until ready to serve.
- Serve this in the glass with adding ice cubes in it or as you like.
While making peach iced tea, you can make it with peach syrup, or you can use the best peach tea flavors available in the market or online.